Informatics

Information about various topics

Ads Here

16.3.11

It is not what you say, but how you say it

There is an old adage: “It is not what you say, but how you say it.” A fact can be communicated in several ways; however, good communication not only resolves conflicts and solves problems, but also makes an ordinary work effort look extraordinary, bringing out the best returns to the presenter. You may have heard the joke about smoking while praying.
Two friends are walking to a religious service. The first friend wonders whether it would be all right to smoke while praying. The second friend says,
      “Why don’t you ask the priest?”
So the first friend goes up to the priest and asks,
       “Father, may I smoke while I pray?”
The priest replies, 
        “Oh no, my son, you should not! That is disrespect to God. That is sinful and outrageous.”
He goes back to his friend and tells him what the priest advised.
His friend says,
        “I am not surprised. You asked the wrong question. Let me try.”
And so the second friend goes up to the priest and asks,
        “Father, may I pray while I smoke?”
To which the priest happily replies,
        “Absolutely, my son! Absolutely! You can always pray whenever and wherever you want to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment